In focus of this workshop were the possibilities and challenges connected to long-term digital preservation of on one hand cultural heritage institutions’ holdings and collections and on the other hand research data. The aim was to present the intermediate results of work conducted in the frame of the EU projects DCH-RP and EUDAT, both looking into distributed infrastructure solutions. The results will be taken into account for the final version of the Roadmap for the long-term preservation of Digital Cultural Heritage content, which is due by the end of September 2014 and which represents the main outcome of the DCH-RP project.
The second workshop had its focus on collaboration issues between the DCH-RP and EUDAT projects on the concept of trust. The aim was to discuss the needs for trust models suitable for digital cultural heritage data and e-science and their use in distributed preservation architectures. The discussions was based on three case studies mirroring different situations involving cultural heritage information and research data.
Download here the programme of the event.
Workshop 1: Digital Cultural Heritage Roadmap for Preservation
- Introduction & different aspects of digital preservation (Börje Justrell, Director Operational Support, the National Archives) – download
- The EU project Digital Cultural Heritage Roadmap for Preservation (DCH-RP) (Antonella Fresa, Technical Coordinator, DCH-RP) – download
- Digisam (Sanja Halling, Senior Advisor, Digisam) – download
- European project EUDAT (European Data Infrastructure) (Per Öster, Director Research Infrastructures, CSC-It Center for Science Ltd, Finland) – download
- Digital preservation among cultural heritage institutions (Sanja Halling, Senior Advisor, Digisam) – download
- Proof of concept DCH-RP (Eva Toller, Principal Administrative Officer, the National Archives) – download
- Trustbuilding: State of the art in Digital Cultural Heritage (Raivo Ruusalepp, Digital Preservation Expert, The Ministry of Culture, Estonia) – download
- Trust & Risk: Two sides of the same coin? (Börje Justrell, Director Operational Support, the National Archives) – download
Workshop 2: The Concept of Trust – Research data and Cultural Heritage Data
- Research information EUDAT (Raphael Ritz, Head Data Science and Services Computing and Data Centre of the Max Planck Society and the Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics) – download
- Research information EUDAT (Ingrid Dillo, Head Policy Development and Communication, DANS – Data Archiving and Networked Services) – download
- Cultural Heritage and research information (Kevin Holston, Curator, the Swedish Museum of Natural History) – download