The webinar “A Cloud for All – EU cohesion funds webinar” took place on 28 November 2023, from 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM CET, with about 400 participants.
A stakeholder survey from autumn 2022 revealed that many institutions across the EU struggle with a lack of resources and competencies in the digital field, which is all the more true particularly for smaller, rural and remote institutions. Therefore, this webinar is dedicated to providing cultural heritage institutions with valuable insights and practical knowledge on how to access structural funds to ensure for example fast and reliable broadband internet, up-to-date IT equipment, and access to training for IT skills, to fully profit from the benefits of the upcoming Cultural Heritage Cloud.
The programme included examples of heritage projects realized with support of EU funds, including 3D digitization, museums’ enhancement and other digital experiences with heritage collections and accessibility.
- Opening speech by Deputy Director General of DG RTD, Ms. Joanna Drake
- How the Cohesion policy funds work – Presentation by Mr. Jeroen VAN OEL, DG REGIO
- “Interreg DigiArc – Giving access to key knowledge of the past with the support of EU Structural funds” – Presentation by Mr. Marinos Ioannides, Cyprus University of Technology
- “Musei On – Augmented Visits in the Museums of Umbria” – Presentation by Ms. Antonella Pinna
- “The Digital Library of Latvia: from farmsteads to shared responsibility in a digital space” – Presentation by Ms. Karīna Bandere
- Closing & next steps