The 2018 CEF Telecom Europeana call for proposals will be open until 15 May 2018. The open call info are available here: the call is looking for projects that will support cultural institutions to increase the amount of high quality content and metadata provided to Europeana, as well as to increase awareness and usage of Europeana.
The objective is to provide support to cultural institutions and other public and private partners to increase the amount of content and metadata accessible through Europeana that is of high quality and suitable for reuse, as well as to increase awareness and usage of Europeana. To fulfil this objective, actions funded by this call must include activities such as:
- Increasing the quality of existing content available through Europeana;
- Enhancing the structure, richness and multilingual capacity of existing metadata to increase discoverability and use of the material;
- Making available new high quality material with rich item descriptions that has potential to generate high audience engagement and reuse. If necessary, this may include limited and targeted digitisation of content that can be made available for free reuse;
- Providing expert support to cultural institutions to improve the quality of the content and metadata that they make available, including capacity building among institutions and professionals;
- Raising awareness and use of Europeana across Europe, through applications, collections or exhibitions highlighting content of particular interest for specific audiences or through user engagement activities.