- Early Bird deadline: Friday February 2nd 2018 / Final deadline: Monday June 25th 2018
Screening the best in International contemporary short cinema at venues across the Scottish capital in Autumn and curating programmes for other festivals across the UK & Internationally. This year, we’re also excited to be curating film programmes from submissions for … Continue reading →
- exploring and presenting the expanded moving image, image – in the broadest sense, including video, audio-visual performance, light art, sound art, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and multi-media formats in between – in public space.
Screen City is a biennal event dedicated to presenting the moving image in public space, and its program combines installations, screenings, art walks, an online exhibition and audio-visual program, talks and panels. It explores the relation between the moving image, … Continue reading →
- In these artworks, the viewer enters into the added reality created by the painter, that empowers the static picture with realistic dynamic details.
Dražen Turković is a painter who likes to explore new technical possibilities in contemporary art, and in facts his most recent and innovative works start from “classical” painting on acrylic. The paintings are characterized with intense colors and decorated abstract … Continue reading →
- the Canadian artist and his so-called 'scanner paintings' are on show in the new exhibition 'Contemporary Photography Forum' at the Boca Raton Museum of Art in Miami (7 November 2017 – 8 April 2018)
Paul Kneale (b.1986) is interested in how the physical world is constantly translated into a digital language. His work explores the ways in which the digital facets of our existence can be manifested and reimagined in the physical object. In … Continue reading →
- Art can be anything you want it to be, and with the rise of contemporary art, art is just that anything you want it to be
As we enter a new digital age, more and more artists are redefining their craft and taking the plunge to enter the digital age. One no exception to this is GG Barrett of Urban Fraggle Art. GG (formerly Joanne) Barrett … Continue reading →
- the installation is placed in Cabrini Hospital’s Paediatrics Ward in Malvern, Australia by ENESS media studio
For children especially, hospitals can be anxiety-inducing and overwhelming space. New media studio ENESS aims to change that experience with their installation LUMES, a light-emitting wood piece, the first of which is now on display at Cabrini Hospital in Malvern, Australia. LUMES is a … Continue reading →
- Call for Artists open for the next Athens Digital Arts Festival 2018 - EXTENDED deadline 31 December 2017
The 14th Athens Digital Arts Festival exploring the unknown future of the upcoming Technological Apocalypse through art, science and technology, invites you to submit your proposals for its next edition, under the theme “SINGULARITY NOW”. Due to high demand by … Continue reading →
- Krakow (Poland), 24-29 October 2017
Patchlab Digital Art Festival, organised in Krakow since 2012, is an international event dedicated to interdisciplinary (post)digital art forms, created at the intersection of art, new technologies and creative programming. During the 6th edition, taking place 24-29th October this year, … Continue reading →
- With no expensive gallery fees to pay, BAM! allows artwork to be valued fairly and realistically, making it accessible and affordable to a much wider audience.
In July of this year Baxters International launched an exciting new app – BAM! a mobile and online market place for buying and selling art pieces from all over the world. Conceived as a social enterprise, and born out of … Continue reading →