Next month the small town of Bardejov will host the 26th edition of the Bardkontakt conference dedicated to the protection, maintenance and management of the cemeteries and memorials from the perspective of municipalities. The topic will be judged in the context of preserving local traditions, presenting the values of this heritage, improving the life conditions of the community and the further development of local site.
Main topics of discussion:
- Recognizing and mediating history through monuments, memorials and cemeteries –
- Specific type: reminder of combat events and military operations
- The use of memorial monuments in the context of life and development planning of towns and villages
- Transfer of knowledge
The conference will provide the space for interdisciplinary discussion, sharing experiences between participants in each of the areas concerned and it is open to the members of the Slovak Chamber of Architects, the Slovak Chamber of Civil Engineers, the Slovak Chamber of Restorers, the employees of the Monument Board of Slovak Republic, the members of Association of Towns and Municipalities of Slovakia, representatives of municipalities, experts from the academic environment and artists’ community, other participants in the processes of programming and realization of development of municipalities, representatives of citizens’ initiatives, investors and all who are interested in this topic.
The event is organized by 2 REACH associate partners in Slovakia: the municipality of Bardejov, UNESCO World Heritage Site (Slovakia) and ECOVAST Slovakia, an organization focused on the promotion and preservation of rural heritage all around Europe.
Venue: Bardejov Town Hall, Slovakia
More information about Bardkontakt conference here
- MEDIA PARTNER
- RELEVANT NEWS from Digitalmeetsculture
- REACH-CULTURE POPULAR TAGS in Digitalmeetsculture
- 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage Bardejov Berlin Best Practices Bonn Budapest call for papers Caterina Preda Charles University citizen participation civic engagement conferences and events Coventry University cultural heritage DANDELION Project DiPP2018 Dubrovnik Eötvös Loránd University Europa Nostra European citizens European Commission Directorate General for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 innovation Institutional Heritage Pilot interactive environment kick-off KREAS Project MEMOLA project migration Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico minority heritage Minority Heritage Pilot Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County participatory approaches Prague preservation Promoter SRL Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation REACH project Resilient Cultural Heritage and Communities in Europe Roma Rural Heritage Pilot small town heritage Small Towns Heritage Pilot sustainable development technological innovation UNESCO University of Catania Italy University of Granada workshop