The 26th edition of the Bardkontakt conference, dedicated to the protection, maintenance and management of the cemeteries and memorials from the perspective of municipalities, was hosted by the small town of Bardejov . The topic was judged in the context of preserving local traditions, presenting the values of this heritage, improving the life conditions of the community and the further development of local site.
Main topics of discussion:
– Recognizing and mediating history through monuments, memorials and cemeteries
– Specific type: reminder of combat events and military operations
– The use of memorial monuments in the context of life and development planning of towns and villages
– Transfer of knowledge
The conference provided the space for interdisciplinary discussion, sharing experiences between participants in each of the areas concerned and it was opened to the members of the Slovak Chamber of Architects, the Slovak Chamber of Civil Engineers, the Slovak Chamber of Restorers, the employees of the Monument Board of Slovak Republic, the members of Association of Towns and Municipalities of Slovakia, representatives of municipalities, experts from the academic environment and artists’ community, other participants in the processes of programming and realization of development of municipalities, representatives of citizens’ initiatives, investors and to all these with an interest in this topic.
The event was organized by 2 REACH associate partners in Slovakia: the municipality of Bardejov, UNESCO World Heritage Site (Slovakia) and ECOVAST Slovakia, an organization focused on the promotion and preservation of rural heritage all around Europe.
Venue: Bardejov Town Hall, Slovakia
More information about Bardkontakt conference here
- MEDIA PARTNER
- RELEVANT NEWS from Digitalmeetsculture
- REACH-CULTURE POPULAR TAGS in Digitalmeetsculture
- #participateinculture 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage Berlin Best Practices Budapest call for papers Charles University citizen participation civic engagement conferences and events COURAGE project Coventry University cultural heritage cultural participation Cyprus University of Technology digital preservation Eötvös Loránd University EU projects Europa Nostra European citizens European Commission Directorate General for Research and Innovation European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 EYCH H2020 Horizon 2020 innovation Institutional Heritage Pilot MEMOLA project MEMOLab migration Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico minority heritage Minority Heritage Pilot participatory approaches participatory approaches to cultural heritage Prague preservation Promoter SRL Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation REACH project resilience Resilient Cultural Heritage and Communities in Europe Roma Rural Heritage Pilot Small Towns Heritage Pilot sustainable development UNESCO University of Granada urban heritage workshop