The latest version of veraPDF is now available. This release is the first of the PREFORMA testing phase. The release is focused on bug fixing and improvements of the test infrastructure:
- fixed cache issues in parsing embedded CMaps
- fixed multiple issues with validation of font subsets
- fixed delimiter handling in parsing content streams
- ignore None colorants when checking DeviceN color spaces
- fixed validation of Order arrays in optional content groups
- fixed plug-in infrastructure
- fixed handling of unknown feature types
- added error info into HTML reports in case of broken PDFs
- updated developer samples
- updated GUI documentation
PDFBox version: http://www.preforma-project.eu/downloads/veraPDF/bin/all-platforms/verapdf-1.2-20170302.zip
Greenfield version: http://www.preforma-project.eu/downloads/veraPDF/bin/all-platforms/verapdf-1.2-GF-20170302.zip
The latest release notes are published at: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/releases/latest.
Help improve veraPDF
Testing and user feedback is key to improving the software. Please download and test the latest release. If you encounter problems, or wish to suggest improvements, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues, or contact us through our mailing list: http://lists.verapdf.org/listinfo/users.
To help you get started, we have published user guides and documentation at: http://docs.verapdf.org/.
The veraPDF consortium (http://verapdf.org/) is funded by the PREFORMA project (http://www.preforma-project.eu/). PREFORMA (PREservation FORMAts for culture information/e-archives) is a Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) project co-funded by the European Commission under its FP7-ICT Programme. The project’s main aim is to address the challenge of implementing standardised file formats for preserving digital objects in the long term, giving memory institutions full control over the acceptance and management of preservation files into digital repositories.