The Digitisation Days aim to present an up-to-date vision of the most recent advances in technology for the digitisation of text, to showcase successful experiences in their application and to explore the challenges for the near future of digitisation.
The event comprises:
- The DATeCH conference (Digital Access to Textual Cultural Heritage) where the latest and future technologies for the digitisation of historical text will be presented and discussed.
- A demonstration day where the most advanced technology for digitisation will be showcased.
- Panel discussions on digitisation policies, intellectual property rights and other hot topics in the digitisation domain.
The digitisation days will take place in Poznań, on October 6-7, 2016 and it is organised by the Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center, in collaboration with the Impact Centre of Competence.
The DATeCH international conference brings together researchers and practitioners looking for innovative approaches for the creation, transformation and exploitation of historical documents in digital form.
The conference aims to foster interdisciplinary work and linking together participants engaged in the following areas:
- Text digitization and OCR
- Digital humanities
- Image and document analysis
- Digital libraries and library science
- Applied computational linguistics
- Interfaces and human-computer interaction
Authors are invited to submit papers related to the Topics of Interest for the DATeCH 2016 Conference.
Information how to submit a paper can be found here.
Deadline for submission: 30 May 2016.