WikiCite 2017 is a 3-day conference, summit and hack day to be hosted in Vienna, Austria, on May 23-25, 2017. It expands on efforts started last year at WikiCite 2016 to design a central bibliographic repository, as well as tools and strategies to improve information quality and verifiability in Wikimedia projects.
Our goal is to bring together Wikimedia contributors, data modelers, information and library science experts, software engineers, designers and academic researchers who have experience working with Wikipedia’s citations and bibliographic data.
WikiCite 2017 will be a venue to:
* Day 1. (Conference) – present progress on existing work and initiatives for citations and bibliographic data across Wikimedia projects
* Day 2. (Summit) – discuss technical, social, outreach and policy directions
* Day 3. (Hack) – get together to build, based on new ideas and applications
More information on the event can be found here:
How to apply
Participation for this year’s event is limited to 100 individuals. In order to be considered for participation, please fill out the appropriate application form and provide us with some information about yourself, your interests, and expected contribution. Your application will be reviewed and the organizing committee will extend an invitation by March 10, 2017. This application form is to determine the best mix of attendees. Not everyone who applies will receive an invitation, but there will be a waitlist.
* February 9, 2017: applications open
* February 27, 2017: applications close, waitlist opens
* March 10, 2017: all final notifications of acceptance are issued, waitlist processing begins
* March 31, 2017: attendee list is finalized
Like last year, limited funding to cover travel costs of prospective participants will be available. Requests for travel support should be submitted via the application form. We will confirm by March 10, if we can provide you with travel support.
For any question, you can contact the organizing committee via: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in Vienna!
The WikiCite 2017 organizing committee