The 7th biannual European-Mediterranean (EUROMED) conference brings together researchers, policy makers, professionals, fellows and practitioners to explore some of the more pressing issues concerning Cultural Heritage today. In particular, the main goal of the conference is to focus on interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary research on tangible and intangible Cultural Heritage, using cutting edge technologies for the protection, restoration, preservation, massive digitalization, documentation and presentation of the Cultural Heritage contents. At the same time, the event is intended to cover topics of research ready for exploitation, demonstrating the acceptability of new sustainable approaches and new technologies by the user community, owners, managers and conservators of our cultural patrimony.
In cooperation with the European Commission, the EU Parliament, the EU Member States Expert Group on Digital Heritage & Europeana, ICOMOS, the EU Digital Library Europeana and the EU Projects DARIAH-EU Research Infrastructure on e-Humanities and Art, ViMM: Virtual Museums, INCEPTION, the COST Action Innovation in Intelligent Management of Heritage Buildings and others more…
Panel Discussion on Looting and Destruction of CH with prominent professionals from UNESCO, ICOM, ICOMOS, Interpol, Google Institute, etc
Workshops – Open to all participants:
- The European Commission’s Workshop on how digital technologies can contribute to the preservation and restoration of Europe’s most important and endangered cultural heritage sites:
- Which technologies need to be developed to allow the creation a digital replica which must be of such definition and detail enabling their use for research and future preservation and reconstruction of damaged artefacts or sites?
- Which standards needs to be agreed upon so that the digitised material will be accessible (long term) to all through a single access point, also providing access to complementary material (images, books, descriptions, drawings) illustrating the cultural and historic significance of the sites.
- The 4th International Workshop on 3D Research Challenges in Cultural Heritage, focusing on novel technologies in Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality as well as in the holistic documentation of the past (such as monuments in HBIM, etc).
CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper submission deadline: 31st of May, 2018 (24:00 London-UK time)
Topics and themes:
Researchers and practitioners willing to participate to the EUROMED 2018 conference are invited to submit papers on original works addressing the following subjects and research themes:
i) DIGITAL HERITAGE DOCUMENTATION and PRESERVATION
ii) PROTECTION, RESTORATION AND PRESERVATION OF TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE
More detail information regarding the themes can be found at: http://www.euromed2018.eu/index.php/call-participation
Submission of Papers:
Submissions for the event are completely electronic through the on-line submission website available at http://www.euromed2018.eu/index.php/paper-submission
The conference accepts only original, unpublished work written in English which will be blind-reviewed and published on SPRINGER-NATURE LNCS.
We are soliciting three types of contributions:
1. Full research papers: they present new innovative research developments and results. They will feature a full-length oral presentation and will be published in a high-quality proceedings volume. Each submitted paper must not exceed 12 pages in total.
2. Project papers: they focus on the description of project organization, use of technology and lessons learned. They will feature a short oral presentation and will be published in a high-quality proceedings volume. Each submitted paper must not exceed 10 pages in total.
3. Short papers: they present preliminary ideas and works-in-progress. These papers will have a short oral presentation and will be also available also as posters in conference breaks. Each short paper must not exceed 8 pages in total.
The 20 best submitted papers will be published on a special issue of upcoming International Journal Heritage in the Digital Era.
Important Date for Paper submission: 31st of May, 2018 (24:00 London-UK time) → http://www.euromed2018.eu/index.php/important-dates