Three events will be organised by museum organisations located in the countries holding the presidency of the Council of the European Union and they will focus on different aspects of social responsibility.
The first of them will be held online from 17-18 September 2020 organized by NEMO and the German Museums Association, within the framework of Germany’s presidency of the Council of the European Union.
It is titled “Museums and Social Responsibility – Values revisited” and it will focus on what social responsibility means for museums.
Museums address issues related to social cohesion, social inclusion and social diversity; the conference will focus particularly on community involvement and development to discuss what social responsibility means for museums and on the contribution that they can made.
The main topics, debated through workshops, short lectures, panel discussions, will be:
- Community involvement,
- Education and culture,
- Employment creation and skills development,
- Technology development and access issues,
- Wealth and income creation issues,
- Social investment, Health Issues.
The other EU Presidency Conferences will be:
– Museums and Social Responsibility – Participation, Networking and Partnerships in Lisbon (Portugal) April 2021 (TBD)
– Museum and Social Responsibility – what comes next? in Maribor (Slovenia) 23-24 September 2021 (TBC)