The Budapest Ritmo Conference is the biggest world music forum in Central Europe, a unique opportunity for professionals to debate on trends and challenges, with a Central European focus.
In 2018, panels focused on:
– European music policies
– The UNESCO’s Music Cities initiative
– The music’s role in urban development
The conference was attended by the EU Commissioner for Culture Tibor Navracsics, several representatives of leading European music organizations like the European Music Council, the European Music Export Exchange Network and representatives of leading cities in the network, Katowice and Mannheim.
The event aimed at giving an opportunity to future European Capitals of Culture to present their plans and exchange views with experts in the field of world music.
A specific panel titled “The richest heritage, unclaimed – Roma musical tradition in the Carpathian Basin and its wider region “, was dedicated to investigate Who shall preserve the rich and diverse Roma heritage, the heritage of a people without a Country or a State and What can be done on international level.
Dr. Eszter György, from Eötvös Loránd University, contributed to enrich the debate introducing the REACH project and shared with the participants experiences and investigations carried on in the framework of the Minority Heritage pilot, focused on the promotion and support of the ROMA cultural heritage.
Conference sessions are held in English.
The venue of Budapest Ritmo Conference was Akvárium Klub, “Aranyhall”.
Link to the Conference Programme: http://budapestritmo.hu/en/ritmo-conference/
- MEDIA PARTNER
- RELEVANT NEWS from Digitalmeetsculture
- REACH-CULTURE POPULAR TAGS in Digitalmeetsculture
- #participateinculture #reachpisaconference 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage Best Practices Bologna Budapest call for papers Charles University citizen participation civic engagement Conference and events conferences and events Coventry University cultural heritage cultural participation digital preservation Eötvös Loránd University EU projects Europa Nostra European citizens European Commission EYCH H2020 Horizon 2020 innovation Institutional Heritage Pilot MEMOLA project MEMOLab Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico minority heritage Minority Heritage Pilot Open-Heritage Platform participatory approaches participatory approaches to cultural heritage preservation Promoter SRL Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation REACH project resilience Resilient Cultural Heritage and Communities in Europe Roma Roma cultural heritage rural heritage Rural Heritage Pilot Small Towns Heritage Pilot sustainable development UNESCO University of Granada urban heritage workshop