HUB-IN is an EU H2020 project focused on the transformation and regeneration of historic urban areas (HUAs) while preserving their unique cultural and social identity and environment.
The project identifies different HUAs:
- Historic town or city centres
- Historic areas which are outside of the town or city centre
- Historic areas that focus on the wider urban values that define the identity and character of the town, city, or place.
8 pilot cities will work on a selected historic area of their territory and transform it in a “Hub of Innovation and Entrepreneurship”.
The selected HUB-IN cites are: Belfast, UK; Brasov, Romania; Genova, Italy; Grand Angoulême, France; Lisbon, Portugal; Nicosia, Cyprus; Slovenska Bistrica, Slovenia; Utrecht, The Netherlands.
They are very different but share the same values and vision:
innovation and entrepreneurship are key catalysts for promoting and implementing the transformation and regeneration of HUAs; this transformation must be achieved by preserving the identity and the unique cultural and social values of each historical area.
The project intends to adopt a human-connected approach, that has long-term impacts. Purposes are:
- the revitalisation of historic heritage
- the creation of new sustainable opportunities for local traditional businesses
- the development of new creative skills and jobs
Discover more on HUB-IN here.