The 7th biannual European-Mediterranean (EUROMED) conference brings together researchers, policy makers, professionals, fellows and practitioners to explore some of the more pressing issues concerning Cultural Heritage today. In particular, the main goal of the conference is to focus on interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary research on tangible and intangible Cultural Heritage, using cutting edge technologies for the protection, restoration, preservation, massive digitalization, documentation and presentation of the Cultural Heritage contents. At the same time, the event is intended to cover topics of research ready for exploitation, demonstrating the acceptability of new sustainable approaches and new technologies by the user community, owners, managers and conservators of our cultural patrimony.
In cooperation with the European Commission, the EU Parliament, the EU Member States Expert Group on Digital Heritage & Europeana, ICOMOS, the EU Digital Library Europeana and the EU Projects DARIAH-EU Research Infrastructure on e-Humanities and Art, ViMM: Virtual Museums, INCEPTION, the COST Action Innovation in Intelligent Management of Heritage Buildings and others more…
Panel Discussion on Looting and Destruction of CH with prominent professionals from UNESCO, ICOM, ICOMOS, Interpol, Google Institute, etc
Workshops – Open to all participants:
- The European Commission’s Workshop on how digital technologies can contribute to the preservation and restoration of Europe’s most important and endangered cultural heritage sites:
- Which technologies need to be developed to allow the creation a digital replica which must be of such definition and detail enabling their use for research and future preservation and reconstruction of damaged artefacts or sites?
- Which standards needs to be agreed upon so that the digitised material will be accessible (long term) to all through a single access point, also providing access to complementary material (images, books, descriptions, drawings) illustrating the cultural and historic significance of the sites.
- The 4th International Workshop on 3D Research Challenges in Cultural Heritage, focusing on novel technologies in Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality as well as in the holistic documentation of the past (such as monuments in HBIM, etc).
- H2020 – COST Joint Session: How to overcome the fragmentation in Cultural Heritage research and funding in the context of Horizon Europe?
- H2020 – VIMM: Investing in the future of our Digital Cultural Heritage: The EU Horizon 2020 CSA ViMM Roadmap
- H2020 – INCEPTION Workshop: the latest developments in the area of 3D holistic documentation in cultural heritage.
- H2020 – CrossCult: Cultural informatics research and applications: State of the art and open challenges
- Europeana Transcribathon 1914-1918 in Cyprus: one-of-a-kind competition where participants come together to transcribe and annotate as many letters, diaries and other digitised documents as possible from the online archive, Europeana 1914-1918.
Topics and themes:
Researchers and practitioners willing to participate to the EUROMED 2018 conference were invited to submit papers on original works addressing the following subjects and research themes:
i) DIGITAL HERITAGE DOCUMENTATION and PRESERVATION
ii) PROTECTION, RESTORATION AND PRESERVATION OF TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE
A total of 537 papers have been submitted and reviewed for the EuroMed2018 conference, of which ca. 25% have been accepted.
The conference registration are now open with preliminary agenda: http://www.digitalmeetsculture.net/article/euromed-2018-registrations-are-now-open/
Some important information for travelling to Cyprus:
2. Traveling to Cyprus and from the airports to Nicosia: https://www.euromed2018.eu/index.php/travelling-cyprus
3. Travelling in Nicosia by BUS:
a) https://itunes.apple.com/cy/app/cyprus-bus/id1384885081?mt=8 (App store)
b) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmv.cyprusbus2 (Android)
4. Hotel accommodation in Nicosia: https://www.euromed2018.eu/index.php/accommodation