The newly established UNESCO and European Research Area (ERA) Chairs on Digital Heritage are announcing the International Web-Conference EuroMed 2020 dedicated to
Digital Cultural Heritage Documentation, Preservation and Protection
This unique conference is in cooperation with the European Parliament, the European Commission and the EU digital library Europeana and in collaboration with the prestigious publisher Springer-Nature to celebrate the 1.500.000 downloads of our publications.
2nd – 5th November 2020, Cyprus
The conference starts on the 2nd of Nov. at 08:00am CET (09:00am EET) and will continue every day until the 5th of November. It will be streamed via ZOOM and via Facebook simultaneously.
2) FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Unesco.DCH
The conferece includes five key workshops with outstanding invited speakers:
- Workshop-1: The 2nd EU Workshop on how digital technologies can contribute to the preservation and restoration of Europe’s most important and endangered Cultural Heritage
- Workshop-2: The 5th International Workshop on 3D Research Challenges in Cultural Heritage to be organized by the EU H2020 ERA Chair Mnemosyne project
- Workshop-3: Digital Transformation for User Engagement in Cultural Heritage
- Workshop-4: 1st International Workshop on Cultural Tourism: Discovery Europe
- Workshop-5: Digital Heritage Crowdsourcing: Present and Future
For more information about all the workshops: https://www.cut.ac.cy/euromed2020proceedings/workshops.html
Fourteen years of European – Mediterranean Conferences on
Digital Heritage Documentation, Preservation and Protection (EuroMed): 2006 – 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and crisis around the World, all the authorities and governments are taking exceptional measures to avoid the spread of the disease and to keep the number of patients as low as possible. Even though these efforts and solidarity between all of us has led to improvements and containment and to confinement measures being lifted, the virus is still present and spreading across the world. For this reason, and given the persisting sanitary risks linked with an international gathering of several hundreds of experts, the EuroMed2020 Organising Committee decided, to organise this year conference fully online and to cancel the planned organisation of the traditional EuroMed conference, scheduled for November 2nd – 7th , 2020 in Nicosia, Cyprus (EuroMed2020).
We know that this decision will be appreciated and this was the best way to proceed during such an unprecedented situation.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper submission deadline: 15th September 2020 (24:00 London-UK time) http://www.euromed2020.eu/index.php/important-dates
The 8th biannual European-Mediterranean (EuroMed-2020) conference is co-organised by the UNESCO and the EU ERA Chairs on Digital Cultural Heritage. It brings together multidisciplinary researchers, policy makers, professionals, fellows, practitioners and stakeholders to explore some of the more pressing issues concerning Cultural Heritage today. In particular, the main goal of the conference is to focus on interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary research on tangible and intangible Cultural Heritage, using cutting edge technologies for the protection, restoration, preservation, massive digitalization, documentation and presentation of the Cultural Heritage contents. At the same time, the event is intended to cover topics of research ready for exploitation, demonstrating the acceptability of new sustainable approaches and new technologies by the user community, owners, managers and conservators of our cultural patrimony.
Topics and themes:
Researchers and practitioners willing to participate to the Web-EUROMED 2020 conference are invited to submit papers on original works addressing the following subjects and research themes:
- DIGITAL HERITAGE DOCUMENTATION and PRESERVATION
- PROTECTION, RESTORATION AND PRESERVATION OF TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE
More detail information regarding the themes can be found at: http://www.euromed2020.eu/index.php/call-participation
Submission of Papers
Submissions for the event are completely electronic through the on-line submission website available at http://www.euromed2020.eu/index.php/paper-submission
The conference accepts only original, unpublished work written in English which will be blind-reviewed and published by the prestigious SPRINGER-NATURE LNCS.
We are soliciting two types of contributions:
- PROJECT Research papers: they present new innovative research developments and results. They will feature a full-length oral presentation and will be published in a high-quality proceedings volume. Each submitted paper must not exceed 12 pages in total.
- SHORT papers /Posters: they present preliminary ideas and works-in-progress. These papers will have a short oral presentation and will be also available as posters during the entire time of the event online. Each short paper must not exceed 8 pages in total.
The 10 best submitted papers will be published on a special issue of upcoming International Journal Heritage in the Digital Era.
Due to the pandemic Covid-19 the conference will be this year online and free of charge, however the registration is mandatory