Glasgow City Heritage Trust is an independent charity supported by Glasgow City Council and Historic Environment Scotland.
Established in 2007, it champions the city’s unique architecture and built environment to promote and encourage the understanding, appreciation and conservation of Glasgow’s historic buildings for the benefit of the city’s communities and its visitors.
In order to increase the awareness of the inhabitants to the theme of the enhancement of the urban architectural heritage and involve them in the preservation of historical buildings, the organization periodically promotes exhibitions and participatory events such as debates, workshops and conferences.
For September 27th, is planned the last meeting of the quarterly sequence of debates called “The City Talks”, during which, a selected panel of experts and the audience will discuss the criteria used for listing ancient buildings in Glasgow and if they “fully reflect what the city and its people value about the historic built environment.”
Main questions to face:
– What’s the point of Listing Buildings?
– Should we be trying to save historic buildings which are unlisted and outside of conservation areas?
– Who might they be valuable to?
Read more about the Glasgow City Heritage Trust and upcoming debate here
- MEDIA PARTNER
- RELEVANT NEWS from Digitalmeetsculture
- REACH-CULTURE POPULAR TAGS in Digitalmeetsculture
- #participateinculture 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage Berlin Best Practices Budapest call for papers Charles University citizen participation civic engagement Conference and events conferences and events Coventry University cultural heritage cultural participation Cyprus University of Technology digital preservation Eötvös Loránd University EU projects Europa Nostra European citizens European Commission European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 EYCH H2020 Horizon 2020 innovation Institutional Heritage Pilot MEMOLA project MEMOLab Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico minority heritage Minority Heritage Pilot participatory approaches participatory approaches to cultural heritage Prague preservation Promoter SRL Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation REACH project resilience Resilient Cultural Heritage and Communities in Europe Roma rural heritage Rural Heritage Pilot Small Towns Heritage Pilot sustainable development UNESCO University of Granada urban heritage workshop