On May 19 and 20, Turin (Italy) hosted the annual session of the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers. During the meeting the Council adopted a Recommendation on the role of culture, cultural heritage and landscape in helping to address global challenges.
- affirms culture’s transformative role in sustainable development
- calls for the full recognition and integration of culture into relevant policies.
- identifies the assets and skills of cultural stakeholders that should be mobilised to help address current challenges
- calls for a new understanding of culture (and hence policies) as a strategic element
- proposes various policy objectives and measures aimed at fostering a local approach (to engage with people and communities) as well as a global approach (to encourage international collaboration) in order to generate a collective ambition and international cooperation based on empathy and solidarity.
Read the raccomandation at: https://search.coe.int/cm/Pages/result_details.aspx?ObjectId=0900001680a67952