The IN SITU Webinar series addresses key themes that support the work of cultural and creative ecosystems in non-urban areas in Europe. We are bringing together EU research projects, cultural and creative organisations and projects, and IN SITU partners and advisors to share their experiences, learn from their insights and knowledge, discuss challenges and ongoing issues, and build forward informed by the work of previous and concurrent research projects and other initiatives.
Webinar N#1 | What contributes to the viability of creative small-scale enterprises (CCIs) in non-urban areas?
Thursday, September 28, 2023 | 10:30-12:30 (CEST)
Erna Guðrún Kaaber, Bifröst University, Iceland (IN SITU Partner)
- Ralph Lister, Take Art (UK) (https://takeart.org) – SPARSE Plus – a Creative Europe project on Supporting and Promoting Arts in Rural Settlements of Europe – https://www.sparse.eu/
- Musa Htlatshwejo, Artistic Director. Mhayise Productions – Sustaining Theatre and Dance Foundation – STAND (South Africa) – https://www.standfoundation.org.za/ (IN SITU Outreach Partner)
- Martha Michailidou, Panteion University, Greece – CORAL-ITN – a Marie Sklodowska Curie Innovative Training Network on collaborative workspaces in rural and peripheral areas in the EU – https://coral-itn.eu
- Ella Björn, Lapland University, Finland – SmartCulTour (Smart Cultural Tourism as a Driver of Sustainable Development of European Regions) – H2020 research project – http://www.smartcultour.eu/
- Martín Gómez-Ullate, Universidad de Extremadura-Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco – Projects Erasmus+ Cultrural+, Learnvil (https://learnville.eu/) and CERV-Network of Towns – LVIN (https://learningvillages.eu/)
- Lidia Varbanova, National Academy of Theatre and Film Arts “Kr. Sarafov” (NATFIZ), Bulgaria (IN SITU Partner)
With contributions by IN SITU Coordinator:
- Susan Luckman, Professor of Culture and Creative Industries, University of South Australia
- Nancy Duxbury, IN SITU Principal Researcher, Centre for Social Studies, University of Coimbra
Webinar N#2 | How can CCI innovation ecosystems be fostered in non-urban areas? (October 2023)
Webinar N#3 | How does cultural and creative work contribute to place-based sustainability and resiliency? (December 2023)
The project “IN SITU – Place-based innovation of cultural and creative industries in non-urban areas” was launched on July 1, 2022, coordinated by the Centre for Social Studies at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. IN SITU seeks to provide in-depth knowledge on the effects of cross-sectoral connections, innovative strategies and systems, and the needs of CCIs’ practitioners in non-urban areas, complementing this with proposals for cultural and innovation policies and frameworks. IN SITU includes also capacity-building programme to enable CHIs and CCIs to address some of the key issues in their communities/regions.