Glasgow City Heritage Trust is an independent charity supported by Glasgow City Council and Historic Environment Scotland.
Established in 2007, it champions the city’s unique architecture and built environment to promote and encourage the understanding, appreciation and conservation of Glasgow’s historic buildings for the benefit of the city’s communities and its visitors.
In order to increase the awareness of the inhabitants to the theme of the enhancement of the urban architectural heritage and involve them in the preservation of historical buildings, the organization periodically promotes exhibitions and participatory events such as debates, workshops and conferences.
For September 27th, is planned the last meeting of the quarterly sequence of debates called “The City Talks”, during which, a selected panel of experts and the audience will discuss the criteria used for listing ancient buildings in Glasgow and if they “fully reflect what the city and its people value about the historic built environment.”
Main questions to face:
- What’s the point of Listing Buildings?
- Should we be trying to save historic buildings which are unlisted and outside of conservation areas?
- Who might they be valuable to?
Read more about the Glasgow City Heritage Trust and upcoming debate here
- MEDIA PARTNER
- RELEVANT NEWS from Digitalmeetsculture
- REACH-CULTURE POPULAR TAGS in Digitalmeetsculture
- 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage art connection art on the streets Berlin Best Practices Budapest Budapest Ritmo call for application call for papers cemeteries and memorials Charles University citizen participation civic engagement conferences and events Coventry University cultural heritage Dubrovnik Eötvös Loránd University Europa Nostra European citizens European Commission Directorate General for Research and Innovation Gábor Sonkoly Horizon 2020 inclusive public memory innovation Introductory meeting MEMOLA migration Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico minority heritage Minority Heritage Pilot participatory approaches participatory museum Prague preservation preservation and management of Cultural Heritage Promoter SRL Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation REACH Opening Conference REACH project Resilient Cultural Heritage and Communities in Europe Roma Rural Heritage Pilot Small Towns Heritage Pilot sustainable development UNESCO University of Granada virtual reality Visions for Cultural Heritage and Digital Platforms workshop