The Be.CULTOUR project, focused on enhancing cultural heritage and landscape values for sustainable cultural tourism, is launching a new series of webinars to boost peer learning among its Community of Interest and other followers. Various experts and on-field stakeholders will be invited to present and discuss their innovative ideas, their progress and their challenges concerning cultural tourism and beyond. The main purpose is to learn from peers and acknowledge the best practices from the field: where the challenges lay and how to face them. Given that Be.CULTOUR and INCULTUM established a cooperation agreement for cross-dissemination and knowledge exchange, the webinar series is promoted also via the INCULTUM channels and and in the INCULTUM network.
Webinar 4: Values-based innovative marketing for less-known cultural tourism destinations – 15 May 2023
Among the trends that are shaping the future of travel and the emerging visitors’ need, sustainability plays a key role. A recent Amadeus-commissioned survey found that two-thirds of consumers consider sustainable travel a priority, and 37% of respondents think opportunities for travellers to be involved in the preservation of tourist destinations will help the industry to become more sustainable in the long-term. At the same time, cultural tourism represents a great opportunity for smaller and lesser-known destinations. According to the UNWTO, 50% of travellers are driven by the desire to visit and experience the cultural heritage of the destinations they visit.
Therefore, it becomes increasingly important for destinations to create, develop and promote a sustainable and creative offer to attract new and conscious visitors.
In this webinar we will look at international examples of effective tourism promotion based on culture and sustainability and we’ll get to know the case study of the Ruhr region and the Gelsenkirchen area, that will bring a practical perspective to participants to develop their tourism offer.
Registration is accessible from https://becultour.eu/becultour-webinars
The list of all other topics addressed includes:
- Understanding the European value of cultural heritage: Power of networks – 24 March 2023
- Innovative solutions for circular cultural tourism – 21 April 2023
- Values-based innovative marketing for less-known cultural tourism destinations – 15 May 2023
- Community-led and innovative entrepreneurship for circular cultural tourism – 23 June 2023
- Creative tourism and the role of arts, interpretation and storytelling – September 2023
- Circular economy implementation in the tourism sector – October 2023
- Innovative finance for circular cultural tourism – November 2023
- Smart data management for circular cultural tourism assessment and monitoring – December 2023
Relevant information will be published in due time on the website of the project here.
Be.CULTOUR stands for “Beyond CULtural TOURism: heritage innovation networks as drivers of Europeanisation towards a human-centred and circular tourism economy”. It expresses the goal to move beyond tourism through a longer-term human-centred development perspective, enhancing cultural heritage and landscape values.
Read more about the project in the official website: https://becultour.eu/