The Be.CULTOUR project, focused on enhancing enhancing cultural heritage and landscape values for sustainable cultural tourism, is launching a new series of webinars to boost peer learning among its Community of Interest and other followers. Various experts and on-field stakeholders will be invited to present and discuss their innovative ideas, their progress and their challenges concerning cultural tourism and beyond. The main purpose is to learn from peers and acknowledge the best practices from the field: where the challenges lay and how to face them.
The innovative and comprehensive approach to the cultural tourism sector, combined with the replicability of practices and co-creation methodology, is the added value of Be.CULTOUR webinars. The webinars are not only intended for the scientific community and policy-makers, but also for civil society and all other interested followers.
Given that recently Be.CULTOUR and INCULTUM established a cooperation agreement for cross-dissemination and knowledge exchange, the webinar series will be promoted also via the INCULTUM Training Portal and in the INCULTUM network.
The first event of the series is entitled “Circular cultural tourism: the role of Heritage Innovation Networks for co-creation and communities’ empowerment”, and is organized on 24 February 2023. The webinar will explain how to bring together expert and local knowledge to let “hidden” cultural resources emerge and be recognized and fully exploited as a driver of local development, community empowerment and innovative entrepreneurship through circular cultural tourism.
Registration is accessible from https://becultour.eu/becultour-webinars
The list of all other topics addressed includes:
- Understanding the European value of cultural heritage: Power of networks – 24 March 2023
- Innovative solutions for circular cultural tourism – 21 April 2023
- Values-based innovative marketing for less-known cultural tourism destinations – May 2023
- Community-led and innovative entrepreneurship for circular cultural tourism – June 2023
- Creative tourism and the role of arts, interpretation and storytelling – September 2023
- Circular economy implementation in the tourism sector – October 2023
- Innovative finance for circular cultural tourism – November 2023
- Smart data management for circular cultural tourism assessment and monitoring – December 2023
Relevant information will be published in due time on the website of the project here.
Be.CULTOUR stands for “Beyond CULtural TOURism: heritage innovation networks as drivers of Europeanisation towards a human-centred and circular tourism economy”. It expresses the goal to move beyond tourism through a longer-term human-centred development perspective, enhancing cultural heritage and landscape values.
Read more about the project in the official website: https://becultour.eu/