This year the conference aims to focus on the connection between museums and creative industries, namespaces and digital cultural heritage. Speakers include:
- Ineta Zelča Simansone, museologist and museum practitioner with more than 10 years of experience
- Tom Pursey, co-founder and creative director of Flying Object, a London-based creative agency focused on installation, video and interactive digital
- John Cheeseman, Director of Mosman Art Gallery (Sydney, Australia)
- Alessandro Califano, Oriental Studies scholar and photographer
- Nadja Valentinčič Furlan, adviser at the Slovene Ethnographic Museum, where she leads the Department for Ethnographic Film
- András Török, city historian and cultural manager
- Zoltán Szatucsek, senior archivist of the National Archives of Hungary (NAH) and Director of the International Relations and EU Department
- Ildikó Fejes, heading the National Museological Methodology and Information Centre (OMMIK) and board member of AVICOM
- Krisztina Vágó, program coordinator in the Hungarian Open Air Museum
- János Tari, President of AVICOM, associate professor at the Department of Communication and Media Studies of Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary
- Rudolf Ungváry senior research associate at the National Library, Hungary
- István Szakadát, Department of Sociology of Technical University of Budapest
- Ádám Horváth, Hungarian National Museum leading the Central Library
- Dragos Neamu, founder of National Network of Romanian Museums
- Pavel Kats, Chief Technology Officer at Europeana
- Marcin Kłos, historian, active in the museum sector since 2007
- Lada Dražin-Trbuljak, curator/museum advicer for web, film and publishing at the Museum Documentation Centre (MDC)
- Martha Henson, producer and consultant on games and playful experiences for cultural institutions
- Michael H. Faber, Head of Public Relations, Event Management and Personnal Development and also Deputy Director at theLVR Open-Air Museum Kommern – State Museum of Cultural Anthropology, Germany
- Karina Durand Velasco, consultant in the areas of museology, educational communication, and multimedia.
Beside the presentations, the main goal of the conference is to share and discuss the perspectives and trends of modern digital museums and museum, library and archives digitization regarding the future plans of this field.
Attending this conference presents a great value and an excellent opportunity to meet industry experts and professionals from Hungary and other European countries as well.
This year the conference is going to host again the AVICOM event, the International Audiovisual Festival on Museums and Heritage (FIAMP) 2.0. The festival highlights the best achievements in the world of museology and the awards ceremony will be held in the Hungarian National Museum. You can register for the festival until 24th October.
Hungarian National Museum
Múzeum krt. 14–16. Budapest (1088)
Date: 22–23 November 2016.
The registration for the conference is open until 11 November! Registration fee: 25 EUR
More info, programme and registration: http://ommik.hu/index.php/en/muzeum-digit-eng/muzeum-digit-2016-eng