MM4CH 2013 is the second International Workshop on Multimedia for Cultural Heritage
This event will be held in conjunction with the 17th International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP), Naples, Italy, and it aims to be a profitable informal working day to discuss together hot topics in multimedia applied to cultural heritage.
Multimedia technologies have recently created the conditions for a true revolution in the Cultural Heritage area, with reference to the study, valorization, and fruition of artistic works. The use of these technologies allow creating new digital cultural experiences by means of personalized and engaging interaction.
New multimedia technologies could be used to design new approaches to the comprehension and fruition of the artistic heritage for example through smart, context-aware artifacts and enhanced interfaces with the support of features like story-telling, gaming and learning. To these aims, open and flexible platforms are needed, to allow building services that support use of cultural resources for research and education. A likely expectation is the involvement of a wider range of users of cultural resources in diverse contexts and considerably altered ways to experience and share cultural knowledge between participants.
Call for papers is now open and submissions are expected to deal with multimedia in areas including, but not limited to,
- Interactive 3D media and immersive environments
- Multi-modal multimedia computing systems and human machine interaction
- Multimedia databases and digital libraries
- Multimedia applications and services
- Media content analysis and search
- Hardware and software for multimedia systems, also in mobile scenarios
- Security issues in the presentation and distribution of cultural information
Download the Call for papers (PDF, 568 Kb)
Further information on MM4CH 2013 is available at http://imagelab.ing.unimore.it/MM4CH2013/
ICIAP, the International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing, is the larger event with the main target to provide a place in which the most recent approaches and achievements in pattern recognition, machine learning, and image analysis can be discussed.
Main topics of this edition include Image Processing and Analysis with relation to:
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Human Computer Systems
- Biomedical Imaging and Applications
- Multimedia Interaction and Processing
- 3D Computer Vision
- Understanding objects and scene
Download the conference flyer (PDF, 444 Kb)
Further information on ICIAP 2013 is available at http://www.iciap2013-naples.org/