The dissemination of technical and scientific culture in Europe – Models, networks, prespectives for an Italian cultural agenda in Europe
January 15th, 2013
Istituto Luigi Sturzo
Roma, via delle Coppelle 35
The need to invest in scientific research and technological innovation is at the base of upcoming EU program Horizon 2020, with the aim to develop innovation and growth.
This is another confirmation about the increasingly important role for science and technology, and about the complementary committment of the cultural institutions in spreading the technical-scientific culture. It is therefore important that the technical-scientific culture, understood as historical knowledge and awareness of the current challenges, it is recognized as cultural priority.
The conference organized by Micheletti Foundation, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences of the National Research Council and Institute Sturzo, in collaboration with EMA – European Museum Academy, Fondazione Rosselli and Musil – Museum of Industry and Labour, intends to contribute to the Italian debate about forms and perspectives for dissemination of technical and scientific culture, and to open a dialogue, based on concrete models and experiences, between experts and institutional representatives.
Wide space is reserved to the analysis of the changes that are concerning technical and scientific museology, and the relations with the convergence of science, culture, society, renewal teaching. The innovative use of digital resources, with particular reference to materials and projects included in Europeana will then be presented through several projects and experiences.
Because of the richness of Italian cultural heritage, Italy is fully committed in the process of intensification of European – and international – research, and the connected issue of proper dissemination of scientific and technological culture.
The Conference’s Agenda
h. 10,00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
Introduction by Flavia Nardelli, Istituto Luigi Sturzo, Roma
Chairman: Massimo Negri, European Museum Academy, Den Hague
- Michele Lanzinger, Museo delle Scienze (MUSE), Trento
- Paulo Mota, Coimbra’s Science Museum (Portugal)
- Giorgio Strano, Museo Galileo, Firenze
- Lawrence Fitzgerald, Riverside Museum di Glasgow (UK)
h. 3,00 p.m.
Chairwoman: Francesca Traclò, Fondazione Rosselli, Roma
- Leonardo Alfonsi, European Science Events Association (Psiquadro), Perugia
- Marco Rendina, Fondazione Rinascimento Digitale (Europeana Fashion), Firenze
- Pier Paolo Poggio, Fondazione Luigi Micheletti, Brescia
h. 4.30 p.m.
Chairman: Riccardo Pozzo, Social and Human sciences department, CNR
- Patrizia Asproni, Confcultura, Roma
- Francesco Profumo, Italian Ministry for Instruction, University and Research
- Antonia Pasqua Recchia, Italian Ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- Carlo Rizzuto, CTS Legge 6/2000 MIUR
Fondazione Luigi Micheletti: www.fondazionemicheletti.e
Labor and Industry Museum in Brescia: www.musilbrescia.it
Fondazione Rosselli: www.fondazionerosselli.it