The global objective of INSIDDE project is unveiling unknown features – hidden paint layers, overpaintings, possibly underdrawing steps, brushstroke textures, sealed contents – of both 2D and 3D artworks for enhancing the knowledge sharing of and the access to the digitised surrogates of the original cultural resources.
This is accomplished by combining terahertz technology, image processing techniques, and 3D high-performance scanning that constitute the basis for developing an innovative smartphone application based on Augmented Reality to be used at museums and the integration of the digital models into Europeana.
- O1: “Development of high-performance components for the efficient generation and detection of terahertz signals”
- O2: “Development of a cost-effective high-performance 2D and 3D terahertz imaging and spectroscopy system for the specialised digitisation of artworks”
- O3: “Development of new techniques to process and analyse terahertz images for extracting valuable information of terahertz images obtained from paintings”
- O4: “Development and improvement of techniques and modification of existing equipment for a better modelling of paintings and 3D artworks”
- O5: “Integration of digital surrogates of artworks into Europeana”
- O6: “Development of a smartphone application based on Augmented Reality for museums”