‘Heritage in Motion’ is a biennial Multimedia Festival for the creators, the audiences and users of films, games, apps and websites on themes related to Europe’s heritage, cultural and natural, tangible and intangible. The Festival grants awards and celebrates the best multimedia achievements and products -through varied, creative and innovative means- in order to draw attention to the value of Europe’s cultural and natural heritage in all its facets.
Europa Nostra and the European Museum Academy are the founding partner organisations, which felt the need to gather the best multimedia products and achievements at a European Festival, focussing specifically on themes related to the safeguarding and promotion of Europe’s heritage.
Heritage in Motion wants to stimulate the usage of innovative technologies concerning European heritage. Prizes are awarded to the best games, apps, websites and movies.
Projects can be submitted until the 1st of November 2013.
Aims of Heritage in Motion
- To enhance the knowledge and understanding of Europe’s heritage among young and old.
- To improve access to Europe’s heritage, especially for young people.
- To attract and inspire the younger generation to experience their heritage.
- To link the experiential and perceptual world of young people to what is beautiful, through vision, discovery and interaction, both online and in real-time.
- To stimulate and encourage the guardians of Europe’s heritage and the makers of films, games and websites to share existing and to produce new multimedia material related to heritage.
- To share best practices among the champions and supporters of Europe’s heritage in the field of marketing and the use of new media.
Coming April the first edition of the festival Heritage in Motion will take place in Glasgow, Scotland (UK).
The Festival grants awards and celebrates the best multimedia achievements and products – through varied, creative and innovative means – in order to draw attention to the value of Europe’s cultural and natural heritage in all its facets.
The best, most intriguing, most appealing installations/documentaries/videos about European Heritage will receive prestigious awards.
Are you a producer, director or other representative of multimedia productions relating to Europe’s cultural and natural heritage? Submit your project to the Heritage in Motion office. Submission forms can be completed here.
The deadline for submissions is November 1st 2013.
All submissions will be available for viewing on this site: http://heritageinmotion.eu/