The H2020 Virtual Multimodal Museum Project (ViMM: www.vi-mm.eu) is a high-visibility and participative Coordination and Support Action (CSA), funded under the EU Horizon 2020 programme (CULT-COOP-8-2016). The project brings together Europe’s and the world’s leadingpublic and private sector organisations working on Virtual Museums and in the wider sector of Digital Cultural Heritage, to support high quality policy development, decision making and the use of technical advances. The partner consortium (seebelow) is supported by an Advisory Board and (in the meantime) with more than 800 Experts, in building the ViMM Framework, involving decision-makers and expert practitioners in defining and resolving issues spread across 7 interlinked Thematic Areas (‘the 7 Ds’): Definitions – Directions – Documentation – Dimensions -Demand – Discovery – Decisions
Major project’s results will include:
A highly interactive and wide-reaching ViMM communication Platform which:
- enables focused contributions and Working Group discussion by everyone interested
- provides access to innovations, cases of excellence and decision-support
- Key events at policy and practitioner/ stakeholder levels and extensive use of social media
- A clearer, evidence-based view of the impact of Virtual Museums and Digital Cultural Heritage on society and the economy
- A Manifesto and Roadmap for Action to be validated at the final ViMM international conference in 2019.
The project is on the stage to develop the EU Manifesto.
Building on the results from its seven (7) Thematic Areas and the twenty one (21) Working Groups, ViMM is now calling for comments from the Digital Cultural Heritage (DCH) community on the draft of its first planned major statement: the ViMM Manifesto: https://goo.gl/4MU7Gr
Therefore, we invite and welcome general comments on the ViMM Forum https://goo.gl/DAxT25
Alternatively, please download the document, make comments by activating in MS Word the Track Changes and send us the new document to email@example.com. The given deadline is: 30th of June 2018.
Your comments at this stage are highly valued. The final version of the Manifesto will provide a basis for the Roadmap and Action Plan for DCH which follow it.
Please be sure that you register on our platform (if you haven’t done it yet: www.vi-mm.eu) and/or follow and like us on the Social Media: