FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate.
Every year, thousands of developers of free and open source software from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels.
FOSDEM 2017 will take place at ULB Campus Solbosch on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 February 2017.
FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organised by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:
- get in touch with other developers and projects;
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world;
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world;
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers;
- to promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions.
Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organisers gratefully accept donations and sponsorship.
The FOSDEM team feels it is very important for free and open source software developers around the world to be able to meet in “real life”.
To this end, we have set up developer rooms (devrooms) with network/internet connectivity and projectors where teams can meet and showcase their projects. Devrooms are a place for teams to discuss, hack and publicly present latest directions, lightning talks, news and discussions. We believe developers can benefit a lot from these meetings.