On 18 October, 2013 the international conference about digital libraries and repositories unfolds with the keynote by Sally Chambers from DARIAH, the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities, Germany.
Speakers and topics are:
- Sally Chambers (Dariah-EU, Germany) – Essential for research? Are libraries necessary for digital research in the humanities?
- Anders Conrad (The Royal Library, Denmark) – From content silos to an integrated digital library
- Stephanie Krueger (National Library of Technology, Czech Republic) – Large-Scale Open Access, Non-Profit Collaborative Humanities Repositories (Why Publishers Care)
- Petr Žabička (Moravian Library Brno, Czech Republic) – TEMAP project, Crowdsourcing Old Maps
- Martin Lhoták (Czech Academy of Science, Czech Republic) – The Czech Digital Library project, framework for aggregation, reuse and dissemination of the digital content
- Pavel Kocourek (Incad, Czech Republic) – Digital Library Kramerius, opensource
- Tomáš Foltýn (National Library of the Czech Republic) – It’s a Long Way to…. Kramerius 4 (and Kramerius 5)
- Günter Mühlberger (University of Innsbruck, Austria) – European Newspapers Online. An interim report from the Europeana Newspapers Project
Prior to the conference, on 17 October the eBooks on Demand (EOD) project and EOD network meetings will be held and are open to all interested in detail about the EOD service and network developments.
In parallel, on 17-18 October the 3rd EOD hackdays welcome coders, hackers and creative minds to play with digital library related technologies.
Participation in the conference, meetings or hackdays is free, but registration is required: http://eod2013.techlib.cz/en/792-registration.
The conference is organised under the aegis of eBooks on Demand network by the University of Innsbruck Library and the National Library of Technology in Prague. The event is co-financed by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
Conference website http://eod2013.techlib.cz
EOD website http://books2ebooks.eu
Event page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/642821912403260/
Invitation (PDF, 69 Kb)