Integrating Arab e-infrastructure in a Global Environment, e-AGE, is an annual international event organized by the Arab States Research and Education Network, ASREN. Since its launch in December 2010 at the League of Arab States, It goes in line with ASREN’s main objectives related to creating awareness, promoting R&E collaboration and joint activities and establishing human networks in order to facilitate collaboration and cooperation among researchers and academicians in the Arab region and the rest of the world.
Next edition will be held at American University of Beirut, Lebanon on 1-2 December 2016 and it will include:
- Main Conference e-AGE 2016, 1-2 Dec, 2016
- The 9th Event on Euro-Mediterranean e-Infrastructure
- The 6th annual meeting of ASREN
- AROQA 8th Annual Conference
- OSSCOM 2nd Annual Conference, OSSCOM 2016
- EUMEDCONNECT3 and Africaconenct2 Project Meetings
- Technical workshops on R&E networking including AAI, Clouds, Global Applications, etc..
A call for participation is currently open for the following Topics of interest:
- Scientific computing and data-intensive e-Science in the scientific areas related to energy, environment, health, climate, water, agriculture, biology, economy, medicine, as well as in social sciences and humanities.
- Perspectives on NRENs, including challenges, operation, sustainability, funding, governance, business models, security and services.
- Problem-solving environments and access to research and education resources, repositories, libraries and contents, clouds, grids, parallel and distributed computing, and high performance computing.
- Virtual Research Environments, Internet of Things, Science Gateways, Federation of Identities, AAI services.
- Visualization and Virtual Reality
Purpose of this Call
1. Call for Papers – deadline 15 September 2016
Scientists, researchers and educators are invited to submit papers to be presented in this conference in special sessions for research papers. Paper contributions are accepted in English. Papers should be submitted with no more than 8 to 10 pages, and no more than 8000 words. Each paper should include (1) Abstract with no more than 500 words and 7 keywords that refer to the key subjects and concepts that have been developed in the paper (2) Author(s) biography: First name, Last name, Institution, Full address, Fax, Email, and short CV. Papers should be submitted in MS-Word. After submission, all contributions will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee to evaluate the pertinence of each submitted paper. If the manuscript is accepted, then paper should be submitted using THIS template’s format for publishing purposes.
Submit your Participation HERE
2. Call for Presentations – deadline 15 October 2016
Renowned speakers and experts are invited to give presentations and participate in panel discussions on latest developments in e-Infrastructure services and application areas, various aspects of R&E networks, telecommunications technologies and the Internet, industry and research case studies of e-Infrastructure use, R&E infrastructure sustainability and funding issues, etc..
3. Call for Participation – registration deadline 25 November 2016
Representation from academia, research, industry, telecom and networking organizations, NRENs, governments and those interested in the developments of R&E networks and e-Infrastructures are invited to join the conference and share experience and exchange knowledge in the wide array of topics of interest.
Interested participants can register HERE.
4. Call for Posters – deadline 15 October 2016
Students’ and researchers’ participation in the conference is facilitated by providing them with a space to show high quality posters that summarize their work. Posters will help students and researchers to advertise and promote their work. For those interested, please send a summary in MS-Word format including title of the poster, name and affiliation of author(s) and a short abstract of maximum one page.
Submit your Participation HERE