The AIUCD (Associazione Italiana per l’Informatica Umanistica e la Cultura Digitale) annual conference, devoted to any aspect of the digital humanities, was held in Padua on 11-12 December 2013. It particularly focused on interdisciplinary work and new developments in the field and related to some specific themes:
- Interdisciplinarity and multidisciplinarity
- Legal and economyc issues
- Tools and collaborative methodologies
- Measurement and impact of collaborative methodologies
- Sharing and collaboration methods and approaches
- Cultural institutions and collaborative facilities
- Infrastructures and digital libraries as collaborative environments
- Data, resources, and technologies sharing.
The programme of the conference is available here in the official website.
In the framework of the conference, Dr Domenico Fiormonte from Università di Roma ‘La Sapienza’ – DigiLab has attended the meeting as DiXiT representative and took an introduction to the project.
AIUCD is sponsored by the Department of Information Engineering of University of Padua and by CULTURA, EU Project for the development of next generation adaptive systems aimed at increasing and enhancing the use of digital humanities collections.