Challenges in Digital Humanities Research Environments: the CULTURA Approach
Supporting researchers in exploring and examining digitised artefacts presents many challenges in terms of understanding each researcher’s needs, performing appropriate manipulation of and uplift from content, and in presenting a suite of useful research tools to facilitate exploration.
This workshop will delve into these Digital Humanities challenges by examining the approaches taken in the CULTURA project (cultura-project.eu) to tackle the issues of:
- Engaging with End Users through Participatory Design and Evaluation
- Maintaining Data Fidelity whilst preparing it for Deep Exploration
- Combining a suite of tools into a Holistic Personalised Environment to support researchers
This virtual/physical workshop will use CULTURA as a case study to drive discussion by presenting demonstrations and results from the project. The outputs of this workshop will be captured and placed online.
Date: 16th January 2014
Time: 13:00 – 16:00 GMT
- Virtually – via live streaming and audience feedback channels (limited to 100 participants).
- Physically – at Trinity College, Dublin (limited to 30 participants).