The annual conference of CIDOC, the International Committee for Documentation of ICOM, will take place from 6th – 11th of September 2014 in Dresden, Germany.
The conference starts with a series of workshops on Saturday 6th and Sunday7th of September 2014. The main conference is opened by the State Minister for Higher Education, Research and the Arts of the Free State of Saxony on Monday 8th of September 2014.
Parallel sessions on the different conference themes take place on the following three days (8th to 10th September). On Thursday 11th of September the attendees could join different excursions.
Discussions and papers will focus on the access to museum collections and cultural heritage in the digital age. Linked data information provide scientists with new and wider perspectives. Experts from museums around the world will address the following themes:
- Networking – Linked data
- Multilingual Terminology as basis for knowledge and research
- Processes in Museum Documentation
- Long Term Preservation of Digital Data
- GIS-applications in Cultural Heritage
- Digital documentation in archaeology
- Intangible Cultural Heritage
For more information visit the Conference website.