In the past few years information technology has become much more pervasive in the field of Cultural Heritage (CH). Concurrently, digital photography has become commonplace with the broad adoption of digital cameras, which are now quite powerful in terms of resolution, quality and data acquisition capabilities. Driven by these trends, image analysis, computer vision and computer graphics begin to converge into a common hybrid field, producing innovative and meaningful ways to exploit the interaction between 3D and photographic datasets in a lot of CH applications. Papers in this special session should advance the state-of-the-art of the application of these fields to the study, preservation, documentation and presentation of works of art.
This special session is part of the International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Application GRAPP/VISIGRAPP 2012, which is sponsored by the Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication (INSTICC). INSTICC is member of the Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Photo-based 3D Data Capture and Processing
- Spatial Exploration and Data Extraction from Large Collections of Photos
- Enrichment of 3D Data with Image-based Effects
- Computational Photography applied to Diagnostics
- Photography-based Presentation / Advanced Rendering
- 2D<->3D Mapping and Data Transfer
- Usable, Effective and Innovative Graphics Applications and Interface Design for CH
- Archaeological Analysis and Interpretive Design
- Reassembly of Artifacts from Fragments
- Fully and Semi-automated Systems for Epigraphy
- Infrared and Spectral Imaging and Analysis
- Museum Applications
- Presentation of Cultural Content with Multimedia Tools
- Ruggero Pintus, CRS4, Center for Advanced Studies, Research and Development in Sardinia, Italy
- Marco Callieri, ISTI – CNR, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell’Informazione of the National Research Council, Italy
Paper Submission: December 15, 2011
Authors Notification: January 4, 2012
Final Paper Submission and Registration: January 13, 2012
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers in any of the topics listed above.
Instructions for preparing the manuscript (in Word and Latex formats) are available at: Paper Templates
Please also check the Submission Guidelines.
Papers should be submitted electronically via the web-based submission system at: http://www.insticc.org/Primoris
All accepted papers (full, short and posters) will be published in a special section of the conference proceedings book – under an ISBN reference and on CD-ROM support – and submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP and EI (Elsevier Index).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SciTePress Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/). SciTePress is member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).
For further information: