Currently at its twentieth edition, SEBD Sistemi Evoluti per Basi di Dati is the major annual event of the Italian research community in the database field.
It will take place on 24 – 27 June, 2012 at Cultural Center Don Orione Artigianelli, Venice, Italy.
The symposium is thought of as a gathering forum to meet, discuss and exchange experience among all those, both in the academy and industry, who are interested in database theory and systems, and in all their broad range of applications.
Relevant topics for the SEBD 2012 include, but are not limited to:
- Access methods, indexing, and physical design;
- Data structures and algorithms for data management;
- Transaction and workflow management;
- Distributed and parallel databases;
- Grid, peer-to-peer databases and cloud computing;
- Real-time, embedded, sensor, and mobile databases;
- Domain-specific databases (multi-media, scientific, statistical, spatial, temporal, geographic);
- Data in social networks;
- Active databases;
- Object-oriented databases;
- Deductive Databases and knowledge bases;
- Graph databases;
- Data models and database design;
- Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases;
- Query languages;
- Query processing and optimization, approximate query answering;
- Semi-structured data, including XML and RDF;
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, information extraction, and machine learning;
- Data warehousing;
- Data integration;
- Meta-data management, data quality, data provenance, data cleaning;
- Data visualization;
- Semantic-Web data;
- Ontology-based data management;
- Information retrieval and digital libraries;
- Interoperability and Web services;
- Privacy, security, and trust management;
- Performance, scalability and dependability;
- Benchmarking and performance evaluation.
Call for Papers – Submission Instructions
SEBD 2012 invites submissions of research, industry, and application contributions as well as software demonstrations.
Research papers (12 pages max.), describing original ideas on fundamental aspects of all forms of database systems and technology, are solicited. Moreover, extended abstracts (8 pages max.) containing descriptions of ongoing projects or presenting results already published are also welcome.
Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 members of the program committee.
It will be assigned a best student paper award. Students and post-docs researchers are strongly encouraged to submit papers.
At SEBD 2012 we plan to continue the Poster Track introduced at SEBD 2011. Regardless of their original form some of the submissions might be accepted as a poster paper.
General Chair: Letizia Tanca, Politecnico di Milano
Program Chair: Nicola Ferro, Università degli Studi di Padova
Local Organization Chair: Gianmaria Silvello, Università degli Studi di Padova
Abstract submission: March 28, 2012
Paper submission: April 4, 2012
Notification of acceptance: May 7, 2012
Camera-ready: May 18, 2012
Early Registration: May 18, 2012
Call for Papers (PDF, 1,56 Mb)
Poster of SEBD (PDF, 520 Kb)